Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blogging with Joy

I love to teach writing, and I am looking forward to how my Tech One course will help me help my students use technology to create a writing community.  I try to complete every pen and paper/word-processed writing assignment that I ask my students to complete. Since I am thinking that blogging will be a good way for my students to share their writing, I think it will be a good practice for me to blog and think:

Is this helping me become a better writer?
How will  blogging help my students become better writers?
What am I learning as I blog?
What glitches do I experience that I could problem solve with my students?

I worry about wasting student time by incorporating technology for technology's sake rather than for learning's sake.  I want my students to be adept at being the best thinkers, readers, and writers they can be in an ever-changing world, and I am curious and excited to explore how this course and how blogging will help us achieve that goal.




2 comments:

  1. Your reflective questions are great ones for us all to ask of ourselves. My favorite is "What glitches do I experience that I could problem solve with my students?" It is important to recognize what is not working and instead of giving up figuring out how to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your web panic - you are witty and entertaining!

    ReplyDelete